Oil and Grease contaminants include a wide variety of organic compounds having different physical and chemical properties.
Common sources of contamination are petroleum derivatives and fats from vegetable oils and meat/fish processing. In most industries oils are also used as lubricants and fuels: in this way they are often spilling on the ground and being washed away by storm water. Storm water runoff, in fact, is bringing oil: a specific treatment is necessary to re-use or discharge it.
Cannon Artes has developed dedicated solutions for oily water treatment featuring the following technologies:
- Static separation (API separators) with oil skimmers
- Tilted plates (TPI) or coalescing plates (CPI) separation
- Cartridge-type colaescers
- Oleophilic-resins type coalescers
- Flotation units: dissolved air flotation , induced-air or induced-gas type (DAF, DGF, IGF)
- Walnutshell filters