Whatever kind of generation is adopted (combined cycle plants, coal fired, waste to energy, biomass fired, thermo-solar, nuclear), the objectives of water treatment in the production of steam and power are to reduce boiler corrosion, prevent deposition of scale to maintain high heat-transfer efficiency, and maintain the quality of the generated steam in compliance with the requirements of the manufacturers of critical equipment. Furthermore, as the power generation industry is an extensive user of water, the attention to the environmental impact and sustainability is becoming much more important.
Cannon Artes’ solutions targeted to the Power Generation Markets are:
- Desalination & raw water pre-treatment. Water at plant sites can often be drawn just from the sea, lakes or rivers and is not suitable even for the less demanding users. Treatment is mandatory and can be a challenging job.
- Demineralization Systems targeted to the production of high purity water. Removal of dissolved solids can be achieved by means of membranes or ion-exchange technologies.
- Condensate Polishing Units. Traces of different kind of impurities can be removed from the return steam condensate in order make it suitable to be reused.
- Deaerators based on ZeroGas Deaerator® technology. Removal of dissolved gases (such as oxygen and carbon dioxide) from process water or boiler feed water is accomplished through vacuum, thermophysical or membrane deaeration
- Effluent Water Treatment. Cannon Artes’ solutions are in particular addressing the power-generation sector with integrated waste water treatment and specific experience with waste water from Flue Gas Desulphurization Plants (FGD)
- Sanitary Water Treatment and Drinking Water Makers. By means of package solutions sanitary and drinking water issues can be addressed in isolated compounds or construction camps.
- Cooling Water Filtration based in particular on Hydraback® Filters which find wide application as make-up water treatment and side stream filtration when evaporative cooling towers are employed.
- Waste Water Re-Use and Zero Liquid Discharge. It is now a must for all industries having the goal to reduce the environmental impact and increase sustainability.